Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

New Fly: The Foxybead Sculpin

For me personally, my best flies spawn from ideas developed on the water, in the act of pursuing my intended quarry. Without time on the water, I would have bored of fly tying years ago. But there's few things that I get excited for more than rushing home after a day of fishing to bring new ideas to fruition. Such was the case for this little creation. It incorporates plastic beads for the abdomen and a cool Enrico Puglisi material called a "foxy brush" for the head. 

I developed the pattern after a recent trip to a couple of Montana spring creeks, and wanted to create a small to mid-size sculpin pattern that could get down quick and had plenty of natural movement. I've been pretty pleased after testing it out recently around Bozeman.

This pattern is available for sale, at $6 per fly, and for inquiries on ordering, email me at: westonthier@gmail.com.











No comments:

Post a Comment