Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Seasons Change



Hard to slow down here in Big Sky country. Winter moved along fast, and now spring's approaching hastily. Not that I'm complaining...lots of fishing trips, flies tied, and even a bluegrass party at the house this winter. My brother Trav and I have been playing some music of our own, and scheming trips into the backcountry for this summer. Here's some iPhone pics of the Montana winter. 




Beartrap.

Trav scaling a wall in Beartrap Canyon, barefoot.

Passenger seat tying. 

The Montana Mongrel's been catching lots of browns lately.





I also took my first trip to the West Coast this winter, visiting my good friend Lauren, who is pictured here taking a glug from the sacred flask.

Bleu and I made the trip in mid February, and we were both stunned by the incredible greenery Oregon had to offer in the middle of winter. 





Even caught a few fish on the Crooked River, near Bend. 


The Geo Metro was once again in beast mode this trip, braving a wicked snowstorm on top of Lookout Pass in Idaho, and then completing the 2,000 or so round-trip journey. Thankfully for Bleu and I, its muffler fell off the day AFTER we returned home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment